Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Quieting the mind

From: Peter Michel
To: E.M.
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [busy mind]

Dear E.M.,

Sure, call me with any questions: 201-424-8653.

We sometimes have classes in your area. You can keep up with our class schedule at http://www.releasetechnique.com/live_classes. Also, being a graduate, you will be notified of upcoming classes through our monthly e-newsletters.

The “Ticket to Abundance & Bliss” exercise is toward the front of your Abundance Course workbook. And yes, it can be several of the three generators (wants). You can ask yourself, “Which one could I let go of first?”

Kind regards,
Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: E.M.
To: release@releasetechnique.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [busy mind]

Peter, I really like what you're telling me and plan to call and order the "How to be in Release" tape...is that where "Tickets to Abundance and Bliss" exercise is? I do have some questions, which usually my Zen teacher can answer, but would not mind "talking" to someone in your place...on the Abundance tape Larry doesn't say that many times the response can be all three, or two of the three. Used it today after a long day of working/listening yesterday and I can certainly see it works, the release, just need to get the "habit"... Plan to call in the morning and order the "How to be in Release."If there is ever a group thing in my area (or not too far) I would love to do one. Haven't done a session in [city] because I really can't sit that long and even so, only in a chair. I live in the [deleted] area...

Thanks for your responses and Peace to you too,
E.M.


----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Michel
To: E.M.
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: [busy mind]

Dear E.M.,

The tape costs $15 including shipping and can be ordered through our website or toll-free order number.

Nothing will quiet your mind as fast as releasing. It gets you out of figuring things out and out of the habit of beating yourself up. Use the "Ticket to Abundance and Bliss" exercise to quiet your mind fast.

Releasing strikes at the root of all mental noise---desire. When that is released, the hundreds of suppressed feelings and millions of thoughts stirred up by those feelings are dissolved. Feelings of separation (pride, arrogance, wanting to be alone) and feelings of insecurity (wanting to survive as an ego, mind, body) are the core feelings that motivate all others. Eliminate these and you eliminate all "out of control" feelings, all "lacking approval" feelings, and all the "AGFLAP" they stir up.

If I can support you in your own peace and freedom in any way, please let me know.

Peace,
Peter

201-424-8653

----- Original Message -----
From: E.M.
To: release@releasetechnique.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [busy mind]

Peter, thank you so much...I really have a problem with a busy mind, running from it any way I can...maybe I should order the "How to Be In Release." I've only been doing this for about two weeks, sharing the Abundance tapes with my son, a dedicated Zen student who goes out to [city] for sessions three and four times a year...[Zen teacher] is retiring this year, though no doubt will continue with her work until the end, a wonderful woman at 88, still teaching, exercising, etc. Sometimes I think nothing will stop my mind (except me, of course.) I am not young so there is a lot to sift through, but I certainly recognize the truths in the tapes...and I have been a Zen student for sixteen years, fifteen with [Zen teacher]. As she told me yesterday, she had to work it through on her own so it took longer. Self-punishment seems to be my big problem (approval, ei yi yi). Reminds me of a line from a Karen Horney book a long time ago when one of her students said, "now let's work on the self-hate.) Well, I know this is all addressed in the Abundance tapes...I guess I'm in too much of a hurry, though I have spent many hours now working on the first 9 (I think that's what I am up to or down to.) Also am a writer, which no doubt is why I'm going on here. Let me know how much the tape you mentioned runs and how I can order it.

Best (and love too),
E.M.

From: Peter Michel
To: E.M.
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [newsletter]

Dear E.M.,

I have added you to our graduate e-mail list. You should begin receiving newsletters very soon.

Yes, the course is wonderful. A real gift. I am happy to hear about the recommendation from your teacher. The teachings are certainly very high teachings, having come from an enlightened teacher (Lester Levenson). They have helped many people, including myself, tremendously. I have found no better or faster method for quieting the mind. The mind drops into silence with just a few releases. Without the suppressed feelings stirring up the mind, it can rest.

Larry's "How To Be In Release" tape can show you how to make releasing constant.

Let us know if you have any questions about the course.

Kind regards,
Peter Michel
201-424-8653

----- Original Message -----
From: E.M.
To: release@releasetechnique.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 2:30 PM
Subject: [newsletter]

Hi, I would like to get your newsletter, find out where courses will be and are being held besides the ones listed in the communications I received when I purchased the Abundance Course tapes, which I have not finished, continue to work on, not sure about gains yet, but definitely am finding the whole thing pretty wonderful. My Zen teacher, [deleted name], at the [deleted name] Zen Center is also using them in her teaching...very unusual as she is very, very clear about herself and her life but finds the tapes very useful and obviously Zen-like in their teaching.Thank you so much...I just have to learn/remember to release all the time...working on it.

Best and thanks,
E.M.

* E-mail edited for privacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home